Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Home Day

Working part time I have Work Days and Home Days.  Generally speaking, the grass is always greener on the other side.  When at work I think about how much easier my days are at home, and when home I think how much easier my stressful job is!  This week has so far been a great balance (I know it is only Wednesday). 

Aubrey has been going through what I am referring to as her Clingon days.  Attached to my hip or crying, I can't say that this has been my most favorite time as a mother.  I can only hope that her new found attitude is the start of something new, rather than a rare occurance.  She emerged this morning as my little helper, assisting with emptying the dishwasher, utilizing her shopping cart to bring the recycling out (she also sorts), and carrying the detergent and laundry card for me.  Aubrey rode in the stroller without crying, and wore her hat for the majority of the time out.  Additionally, and perhaps my favorite, she went into the bathroom and closed the door.  A few minutes later I peaked my head in and she quickly closed the door again.  A little while later I heard knocking, and I opened the bathroom door to find Aubrey pointing at her diaper, accompanied by a smell that could only mean one thing. 

A few more kids, a few more years and I could really enjoy being a fulltime stay at home mom.  Many hands make light work, right?  Jessica, you say, a few more years and you will be carting your kids around everywhere, never having a moment to yourself.  And to that I remind you of one of the benefits of living in NYC; public transportation.  Give those kids a metrocard, a subway map and they are good to go!

Well time for an impromptu dance party.

Hanging at the library


Sunday Subway Ride

Fall pic, hope not a repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment