11/17/11, 19 weeks
19 week Anatomy Scan; the MD said it wasn't his best photography work. The babe kept turning its face away. I did get to see some pretty cool hands and feet shots. The doctor was able to count ten toes and ten fingers, so one less thing to do after delivery. That was always an awkward moment in the delivery room when you had to tell a parent their child had 12 fingers. As most of you probably already know, Jon and I plan to be surprised about the sex of the baby. And I am happy to say, I walked away from this ultrasound truly not knowing what we are having.
I am starting to feel a lot more movement these days. Originally I could only feel the baby when I placed my hands on my stomach, but now I am feeling a lot more internally, especially after meals. Jon has been able to feel the baby move too, which seems to make it all the more real.
On a side note, I get a weekly email from americanpregnancy.org and for the most part like the information provided. This week I got an unexpected laugh while reading it. This was the first line in the email "Relax! This week will probably be one of the most enjoyable weeks of your pregnancy. Here is what you can expect during this week." They went on to tell me how I can now probably feel my uterus around my belly button, and then it was all down hill from there. Topics covered: leg and feet swelling, acne, varicose veins (that probably won't disappear after delivery), purple or blue spots on my legs, and urinary tract infections. Now please remind me, what was supposed to be so joyful about this week?!?



I love it, thanks for posting. You wear that baby bump well, miss you guys so much! love Sue and the rest of the Kollers
ReplyDeleteI will post my own congratulations Sue! Jess, awesome to see pics of you and the growing baby (and Jon). We love and miss you guys. Also we, linked your blog from ours' so don't be surprised if your site crashes from heavy traffic. We're like the Kardashians of Albany.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness..I can't wait to meet that little person! What a trip :). So glad you're doing this blog, helps those of us who can't see you all the time feel like we're getting to be a part of this wonderful time for you. Love you so much!
ReplyDelete